Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Beginning and Profession of PB Love

.. admitting it is half the battle. Yes, I, have a peanut butter addiction. As this is the very first post on my very first blog of, what hopefully becomes many posts, I found a compulsion to admit why I'm here and display the culprit. My pb collection has grown high and wide (and thankfully not my physique-too too much :) ), and I have thrown up a sample of what's in the pantry. I must also admit I have 7 jars of various delicious flavors coming soon from my favorite pb company, PB Loco. Not bad for a kid trying to pinch pennies (thank you PB Loco promotion!).

While my peanut butter obsession began at an early age, it has grown recently with the steps I'm making in my quest for a super fit body and healthy lifestyle. Yes, pb is also a MUST HAVE health food. Healthy fats are key and don't let anyone tell you pb should be left off the list when eating right (along with a quality exercise program). In any event, keeping an extremely clean diet all week has led to some experimenting on my carb up days. AKA...eating a variety of carb heavy foods...which have included some sweets along the way. Nutrition nuts no worries, everything done the 'right way' and within moderation (don't we all love that word). So here I am now, after spending the last 2 months scouring the internet and an insane amount of blogs, I have decided to do the same. My recipes, concoctions, successful and failed attempts will probably be amusing at times. But, I hope to learn a great deal and churn out some tasty sweet and savory dishes.

To get my toes wet (slowly) I plan to enter The Great Peanut Butter Exhibition - Sandwich, which I stumbled upon on Peanut Butter Boy's site. So, time for me to get to work (with my 'butta' doing most of the taste testing) and prepare something worthy of my first little contest and the kick in the pants that got me blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment